Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Change....

Today, step away from yourself and look for your unconscious habits.
Find them one by one and release them by undoing.
It may be as simple as hitting the snooze button two or three or four times...
It may be as complicated starting your day with a mental inventory of what you must do just to stay above the wave one more day...
Whatever you find, un-do it.
Start your day on the first buzzzzz.
Start everyday with an inventory of your blessings.

Do it different today....


Trying to change is often a hard won accomplishment. No matter what we are attempting to recreate, it is often a task that either feels as if we must move a mountain, or give up what we have grown so fond of... The key to beginning, is to begin small.

In my past I often dreamed or longed for a life that wasn't burdened with material, health or relationship struggles. I often thought, "I would give anything just to be healthy, happy, and living in peace". One moment, l I found myself making one small change. I choose to not rush, not hurry, not to feel pressured to be somewhere or do something other than what was happening in that moment. I choose to focus my attention on the moment at hand, to make the most of it, be at my best, and to take the time I needed to be in that moment for as long as I needed to accomplish my task.

This relatively simple choice became complicated very quickly. Others expectations, random events, on and on small and large boulders appeared on my path. I found the key to maintaining this change, was to not become entangled in the outside my control obstacles. I simply was in the moment, and all else would need to fall into line.

This change didn't create a me that did not recognize or respect others "timetables" but it did help create a perspective where a traffic jam wasn't the end of the world, where I was able to finish a project and feel accomplished, where I took the moments to listen to my child and to truly interact... It created a new perspective for me, where I can now see that the most important "do-ings" are the "be-ings" of my moments...

It may start as simply as a new way to get to work, smiling at the receptionist, eating lunch not at your desk but in the park, walking home from the daycare and talking, turning off the TV and picking up a pen, just getting through or really getting involved.....

One small conscious choice can change everything.....




No comments:

Post a Comment